Sunday, December 12, 2010

Kickball

We watched the Nooma called Kickball with the youth today.  Pretty effective, especially in this time of gift-giving. Here's the brief handout that goes with it.


Nooma: Kickball

Do you spend much time thinking about what you want for Christmas?




What was the best gift you ever got? What made it so good?



Scripture used in the video.
Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father who created all the lights in the heavens. He is always the same and never makes dark shadows by changing. - James1:17 (CEV)

I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out – plans to take care of you, not abandon you,
plans to give you the future you hope for.
When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen.
When you come looking for me, you’ll find me.
Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else,
I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed. - Jeremiah 29:11-14 (MSG)

Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead?
Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil,
know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven
give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him! - Luke11:11-13 (NIV)
Apologies to Sam Watterson, but this cartoon is to perfect not to include.

How would you describe what this video was about in your own words?




Think about: If God was going to give you something so that you could know him better, what might it be?




Resources:
Calvin and Hobbes at GoComics.
Nooma, now available as downloads.

No comments:

Post a Comment